Sunday, January 28, 2007

I hate hangovers. This numb feeling in the head adds to the gloom. One need to remind oneself all the time that it is gonna pass. Does it ever pass? or does it hide? I was in half sleep when the phone ring forced me to get up. It was Mo. She wanted a ride to her car. I told her that I will be at her place in an hour or so. I dozed off a little thinking of the images from previous night. It seemed like a dark party in dungeons. Music was awesome that much I remember and Mo was also quite in her element. About myself I couldnt remember at all if I was happy sad or plain drunk? Zombie?
We had spent a while at her place I had played walk on the wild side and left before doing anything silly.
It was bright sunny outside when I got to Mo's place. She came out all smiles and happy. Seeing me light a cig she stole one from me. It was funny coz she said she quit 2 years back and she was smoking all the time since last evening. We got her car and chilled for a while at her place. I was feeling too lazy so I came back and tried dozing off on empty stomach. Couple of hours of bad sleep later I hopped in my car put on this techno cd on full volume and headed straight to subway. Capitol hill is always booming with energy. The homeless and not so homeless give the place lot of character. There was this car with 5 teenage gilrs all shouting and dancing and teasing the passerbyes. One of them locked eyes with me and for a moment she lost the collective frenzy of the car and just stared at me for a while. I smiled and she was back with her friends. It was a happy sight.

No comments: